Do I consider myself a Loner, you ask
me?
I am on my own path. I was told that I came into this world alone, and that I will leave this world, alone. And believed this until today. So yes, I suppose I have considered myself a loner. I live alone today, although I have spent nearly my entire adult life in relationship with men. While I was in those relationships, I was an entrepreneur, which required considerable alone time to develop, promote, accomplish and succeed at my work.
I am on my own path. I was told that I came into this world alone, and that I will leave this world, alone. And believed this until today. So yes, I suppose I have considered myself a loner. I live alone today, although I have spent nearly my entire adult life in relationship with men. While I was in those relationships, I was an entrepreneur, which required considerable alone time to develop, promote, accomplish and succeed at my work.
I always found time in nature, in my
gardens, sacred time. Where I would get lost in the plantings, the
planning, the weeding, and the harvesting. Beekeeping was another time
that I found myself communing with those 10,000 some wild critters. But
in the natural world, I was not alone nor did I feel like a loner. The
energy from the plants, the insects, the animals, was rich and fulfilling and
nourishing . The relationship with each and everyone was reciprocal.
Always feeling quite buoyed up by all the positivity and fullness of the life
teaming around me.
Quiet and introspective, yes, but not a loner. Boisterous and energetic when at ease with friends. Aware of my deep friendships from childhood through to adulthood. Blessed always with the friendship of both men and women who embrace my strengths and oddness....my courageousness to speak out and to align with a fierceness around truth and integrity. To walk my talk.
A loner? I love the quiet time to delve deeply into those chasms of chaos that are not quite figured out deep within. To untangle like you might a pair of iphone earbuds that snaggle together into one impossible mess. A loner who likes nothing better than to move from one room in my house to another on a quiet Sunday when much needs doing. Slowly, deliberately, tackling small tasks that offer me distraction upon distraction until the day has moved into night. And to find that all I had set out to accomplish on my list was completed.....in a dream of relaxation.
It was only in business, with numbers, concepts, paper and computers did I feel a loner. That calculated boxed in time that chalked up billable hours. The time to meticulously calculate figures, approaches, outlines, schedules. The time my left lobe of my brain fired continuously and left the right lobe alone. I have modified my work these days and have eliminated those many details that contributed to aloneness. Today even my work nourishes me in relationship with my clients.
A loner? Too many souls out there on parallel universes to consider myself a loner. The bombardment makes it a bit crowded, actually. Sometimes I set boundaries just to create alone time from this—from the outer world of commotion. I recharge alone. Yet I can recharge with the correct people. But usually alone. Stillness, quiet, meditation— my best and quickest recharge.
A loner? Hmmmmm. Good question, Don. Hadn't really thought of myself as one before. However, I am an extroverted introvert, which I suspect makes me a loner.
Quiet and introspective, yes, but not a loner. Boisterous and energetic when at ease with friends. Aware of my deep friendships from childhood through to adulthood. Blessed always with the friendship of both men and women who embrace my strengths and oddness....my courageousness to speak out and to align with a fierceness around truth and integrity. To walk my talk.
A loner? I love the quiet time to delve deeply into those chasms of chaos that are not quite figured out deep within. To untangle like you might a pair of iphone earbuds that snaggle together into one impossible mess. A loner who likes nothing better than to move from one room in my house to another on a quiet Sunday when much needs doing. Slowly, deliberately, tackling small tasks that offer me distraction upon distraction until the day has moved into night. And to find that all I had set out to accomplish on my list was completed.....in a dream of relaxation.
It was only in business, with numbers, concepts, paper and computers did I feel a loner. That calculated boxed in time that chalked up billable hours. The time to meticulously calculate figures, approaches, outlines, schedules. The time my left lobe of my brain fired continuously and left the right lobe alone. I have modified my work these days and have eliminated those many details that contributed to aloneness. Today even my work nourishes me in relationship with my clients.
A loner? Too many souls out there on parallel universes to consider myself a loner. The bombardment makes it a bit crowded, actually. Sometimes I set boundaries just to create alone time from this—from the outer world of commotion. I recharge alone. Yet I can recharge with the correct people. But usually alone. Stillness, quiet, meditation— my best and quickest recharge.
A loner? Hmmmmm. Good question, Don. Hadn't really thought of myself as one before. However, I am an extroverted introvert, which I suspect makes me a loner.
Kat
3 February 2018
No comments:
Post a Comment