I knew instantly
where I was, but how does an animate
respond to an inanimate? A being? Energy?
My thoughts flew rapidly outwardly onto the ethers.
And Wind’s gentle
persistence replied, “I’m here. Where are you?
And I, as perplexed
as ever, emoted these inner disturbances.
Wind blew and grew pestilent,
shaking the blue metal roofed adobe’s edges loose from the underlayment. “Presence is required. I’m here.
Where are you?”
The insistence
pushed at my edges, raising jaggedness up from their depths. Roof edges.
My edges.
The demands caught
smack dab in the imprints my heels created as my body weighed into my crouching
back-leaning posture.
Wind’s mighty force
pushed and pulled at every edge of the adobe, forcing little to shift, with the
exception of the roof.
“What do you
want? I cried out into the deafening
night’s blackness.
“To dance with you
in the llano, under the stars. To hold
you close and kiss your cheeks, turn you twirling and back again. To share in the delight of all that matters
between here and there—the wonders and beauty of life.”
Kat
7 November 2016
No comments:
Post a Comment