I once had a farm in the wilds of north eastern New
Mexico where I raised the most beautiful birds--chickens, turkeys, and guineas.
People who bought my eggs declared them the best ever.
The honeybees had top bar hives that I
built from downed lumber off the property...Ponderosa pine lumber hives, sealed with
their beeswax. I chose options that created as stress-free an existence
as possible for these bees, using flower essences to mist them rather than
smoke. I left appropriate stores in the
fall for their healthy survival during the winter. I welcomed bee stings,
recognizing their immune stimulant action.
I enjoyed this interdependent system with the bees.
Four large vegetable and fruit gardens
and a subterranean greenhouse produced food for my family year 'round.
It was a challenge and joy. No goats--no cows--but I built
instead--curved dry-stack rock stairs, walls and heat sinks. and paramagnetic towers to draw in the
rainfall. I gathered
the basalt and sandstone from along side country roads.
Living on raw land was a healing experience. I love Jung's comments about Nature and our oneness with Nature. I understood the concept of our separation from Nature resulting in our societal neuroses. I healed from my inner core, outwardly as I sensed the time of year or day through the birds, their location on the land, the stars, and the moon location as it waxed and waned. I sensed the storms and incoming heat and cold fronts. The oneness with Nature—there is nothing else like it.
Just writing this makes me melancholy thinking about those nurturing, simple days that ran one into the next as leaves sprouted, burst into full magnificence, then turned into shades of New Mexico radiance that honoured such a bounty of waning autumn beauty. .
Living on raw land was a healing experience. I love Jung's comments about Nature and our oneness with Nature. I understood the concept of our separation from Nature resulting in our societal neuroses. I healed from my inner core, outwardly as I sensed the time of year or day through the birds, their location on the land, the stars, and the moon location as it waxed and waned. I sensed the storms and incoming heat and cold fronts. The oneness with Nature—there is nothing else like it.
Just writing this makes me melancholy thinking about those nurturing, simple days that ran one into the next as leaves sprouted, burst into full magnificence, then turned into shades of New Mexico radiance that honoured such a bounty of waning autumn beauty. .
I appreciate coming into one's fullest essence in my maturity—I have blossomed most recently as well. I find that the return to the water's edge has been my journey to my feminine.. Awakened in the utmost of ways.
Kat
20 September 2015
20 September 2015
No comments:
Post a Comment